Sunday 21 September 2014

Eternal Sunshine of a Spotless Mind



This movie... Man... I love this film. This is exactly the reason I wanna become a film maker, to make beautiful films like this.
Everything about this film just screams out amazing. 

It makes you think, it makes you question and it makes you feel. Would you ever erase someone from your life? After watching this film I'm pretty sure I don't want to at all. Even through the bad stuff, there's always some good and hey that's worth holding on to, it's also worth learning from mistakes as this film clearly wants to emphasise. 

I don't even know what to to talk about with this film, or maybe there's just too much to talk about. Everything from the beautiful music to the superb acting makes this film one to definitely remember. 

What this film taught me was that no matter how hard things get or were, no matter how dark anything gets, you hold on to those memories and you carry on, you let it mould you into something better. Although it says this using a relationship between two characters and it's amazing to see both of the characters finding each other even after they've gotten one another erased from their memories. I found this to be incredibly powerful, It plays on this idea of having a "soul mate" in a sense and uses exactly that to show even through dark there is light. Wow that sounded corny but it's true. This film makes you look back at the memories you don't want to keep but also makes you look deeper into them into something that constructed the very fabric of that memory, it makes you question why and laugh at the silliness of it all. The film makes you appreciate where you are and how your past has constructed you. It also shows that we as humans aren't always the smartest of species and yeh we make mistakes that bring us down, we get put down with our goals but like Jim Carrey says in the film... "So..." It's basically just saying "hey I know we've had our ups and downs but I really like you... So let's carry on and just be happy." And it's for that reason I can't help but love this film, it carries an incredible amount of thought provoking emotion that I cannot help but love. 

I know this one is a little all over the place but what do you expect?! The film is beautifully all over the place! 


Stay Caffeinated guys. 
Adeel

1 comment:

  1. It's true, we aren't the most intelligent species out there but our emotions make us powerful.

    How else do one love, feel compation or peace. It ure isn't through knowledge alone.

    If you've seen the recent film "Lucy" you'll know exactly what I mean.

    I'll look up this film, Thanks

    ReplyDelete