Wednesday 1 October 2014

What Motivates Me.


For as long as I can remember computers have facinated me, somehow I always knew I'd do something in one field of computers or another. A more techy job essentially. I was set on this goal from the moment I installed a video game on my Windows 95 desktop PC. 800x 600 the good ol' days. 

It wasn't till my teenage years where I really discovered the realm of art and film. I grew up watching these fictional realities and I guess it just stuck with me as a way to tell stories. So teenage Adeel becomes pretty in touch with his feelings and goes through a pretty rough time at school. He begins to use his knowledge of computers to just express himself through any medium he could. I dunno there was always something about making stuff that took me away a little and I guess I just stuck with film and man when I was 15 I made loads! I have this one video on YouTube that has over 100,000 views?!? What?! That's crazy! I guess back then everything I made was solely for my own satisfaction. Not to please anyone or anything. Just simple ways to express myself or even escape a little. 

"I can't tell you the secret to success cos' I don't know it. But I became successful when I stopped making for other people and made for myself" Ed Sheeran

So like all things, I aged and I'm almost 22 now. I stuck with film as an expressive art form for when I'm really feeling something. Otherwise I'm planning on going into advertising. One day I'll be a creative director and make a bunch of cool stuff with a massive team. 

So what motivates me? 

Well the simple answer is my future. I wanna live in a pretty nice house with an amazing family and hey if I can get there with doing what I love, I think I've had a pretty successful life. It's also that fact that motivates me, I just love making stuff. I often find that I can't sleep if I feel like I've just wasted a whole day not making anything. It sounds silly and pretty cliche but I wanna leave a mark for after I die. I wanna make beautiful films and beautiful pieces that maybe one day will help a younger Adeel pretty lost in school. What motivates me is wanting to one day teach and pass on what I know... Teach people to make beautiful things and no not esthetically beautiful pieces but pieces with meaning and heart. Otherwise you just have a pretty picture with no personality. Thats what motivates me, living happy, and one day leaving a mark for people to carry with them hopefully.

"A poor man plans for the weekend. A rich man plans for four years ahead."

No I don't wanna be a millionaire, I wanna be rich in knowledge and creativity. I want to be known for what I do and use that to help the people that really need it. 

Stay Caffeinated Guys,
Adeel

No comments:

Post a Comment